About Me

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO, United States
Food for Orphans is a 501(c)3 charity and all donations are tax-deductible. Our Federal EIN is 75-3242422. "Feeding orphans one meal at a time." Mission: to supply at least one nutritious meal per day to as many orphans as possible.

Follows us on

Share |

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Created Purpose

This holy week, sandwiched between Palm Sunday, Good Friday and Easter has me pondering sacrifice and my created purpose. Mainly, during Easter I think about 2 sacrifices: the sacrifice of God’s only son for us and Jesus giving His life for ours. Jesus sacrificed His life by dying on the cross, but He also sacrificed everything we typically see as the apex of human achievement: wealth, power, prestige, family, popularity, success…He did this to fulfill His created purpose.

The totality of Jesus’ sacrifice has me reflecting on my created purpose. Am I striving to fulfill my created purpose every day, which may include sacrificing human achievement? The conclusion I’ve come to is that in order to honor Jesus and His sacrifice I must live my created purpose no matter the sacrifice.


No comments:

Post a Comment