About Me

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO, United States
Food for Orphans is a 501(c)3 charity and all donations are tax-deductible. Our Federal EIN is 75-3242422. "Feeding orphans one meal at a time." Mission: to supply at least one nutritious meal per day to as many orphans as possible.

Follows us on

Share |

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Rosalinda's Story

High up in the Andes Mountains, Rosalinda’s mother found herself pregnant. She did not want the child and tried to commit suicide. After Rosalinda’s birth, her mother’s feelings had not changed. So a judge ordered Rosalinda be turned over to Casa Luz. Her mother visited twice but has not returned.

Today Rosalinda is 8 months old, she is a very happy baby. She is content and healthy. The other orphans love holding and playing with her. Rosalinda is loved at Casa Luz.

“At the end of life we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received, how much money we have made, how many great things we have done.We will be judged by 'I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat, I was naked and you clothed me. I was homeless, and you took me in'.”
― Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment